Want to Know what is Sudarshan Kriya? If yes then you are in the right article here we will discuss everything about Sudarshan kriya and its Benefits.
In our fast-paced society, We stress our bodies and minds enough that we develop anxiety and tension along with the money we earn. What if I am to tell you that following Sudarshan Kriya’s steps can be an all-in-one solution to most physical as well as mental problems? Yes, you read it exactly right!
The way you breathe affects how you feel or look as well as the way you live. It is good to know that Sudarshan yoga focuses on only breathing and helps to achieve lasting results. What is this ancient breathing practice of yoga? Which steps are required? What are the steps you have to follow? Are there any negative side negative effects? This article will dive into all of these issues along with a few frequently asked questions. We also dig into the advantages of Sudarshan Kriya. Stay tuned!
What is Sudarshan Kriya?
“Su” is a proper word and proper vision. “Kriya” in yogic practice is a term used to cleanse the body. In general Sudarshan Kriya refers to “proper vision via cleansing actions. The Sudarshan Kriya Yoga is a distinctive breathing technique that includes cyclical breathing patterns that vary from slow and relaxing to fast and exhilarating. In this Kriya, it is a matter of taking control of your breathing, which has a positive impact on the immune system and nerves as well as mental health issues.
In a study by Harvard Medical School, Sudarshan Kriya yoga is effective in addressing depression and anxiety. It is affordable and safe, and it has positive effects on your mind and body connection. When you have environmental pollution, a poor diet, as well as a lazy life weighing you down, Sudarshan Kriya is an alternative to living a more fulfilling life.
Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya for Mind?
The brain is a mechanism through that our body operates and is an organ that gives commands to the various organ systems. Being among the most vital and essential organs of our organs, our brain requires adequate care and attention from you. Sudarshan Kriya is an exercise that helps find a sense of balance by combining pranayama with breathing techniques. It has been proved to treat depression and anxiety by relaxing the mind. Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya to your mind include:
- It helps to bring calmness to the brain by lessening the effect of stimulation of the frontal lobes.
- Aids in increasing your Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia, and also help with mental health issues like depression and anxiety.
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces the impact of trauma on the mind.
- Controls the concentrations of stress hormones within the body.
- Stops the urge to use substances abuse
- Helps to calm a person and decreases the likelihood of anger outbursts.
- Aids in the treatment of the post-traumatic disorder
- Increases brain functioning and boosts creativity
- Improves self-confidence
Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya for Soul?
Not only physical and mental health, but yoga is also a form of exercise that focuses on the health of one’s soul too. Sudarsan kriya is a good exercise that helps in the spiritual awakening of a person also. It encourages living a holistic lifestyle by giving an awareness of the oneness of nature, and aids people live an active and balanced life. When you practice Sudarshan Kriya, a person’s soul can benefit from the following methods:
- Enhances the production of the hormones that make you feel good.
- Reduces stress
- Gives peace of mind
- Eliminates negative thoughts and promotes positivity.
- It helps to pinpoint the issues that are holding the person behind.
- It helps one be aware of the surrounding
- It helps ease tensions in relationships with family and friends.
- Improves patience
- It creates a dazzling flow of energy that connects the mind the body, soul, and mind
Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya for Body?
It is the temple of your body, and it is the place where you can find every system in your body, comprising your brain(mind) as well as your soul. It is essential to maintain a fit and healthy body that is free of disease. Numerous studies have proven that the practice of Sudarshan Kriya can assist people to regulate various functions in the body like pulmonary functions, neuropsychological functions, antioxidants as well as the functioning of the endocrine glands. By using control of breathing and controlled breath, the Sudarshan Kriya can benefit you in a variety of ways and offers numerous health advantages for your body such as:
- Overall health improvement and well-being
- Improves the lung’s capacity and pulmonary function for those suffering from COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder)
- Lowers concentrations of cholesterol in the body.
- Maintains the health of your heart
- Regulates neuropsychological function
- It increases the levels of energy in the body.
- Enhances the immune system.
- It is beneficial to lactation in nursing mothers
- Increases the number of antioxidants within the body.
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart diseases
Sudarshan Kriya Techniques
The Sudarshan Kriya Technique
Before you begin the kriya, lie in the Vajrasana position prior to beginning the kriya.
1. Ujjayi (Victorious Breath)
Ujjayi demands that you breathe more deeply. You can feel your breath by rubbing your throat. Ujjayi is a breathing method that lets you breathe in and out at a comfortable pace and keep the duration of exhalation and inhalation equal. This method requires you to take 2 to 4 breaths in a minute. Slow breathing allows you to take control of your breath and allows you to extends it until you reach the exact number. Ujjayi helps to calm you and keeps you awake.
2. Bhastrika (Bellows Breath)
In Bhastrika the practice, you’ll need to breathe in and exhale the air quickly and forcefully. It is recommended that you perform 30 breaths per minute. The breathing pattern is typically rapid and short. The length of exhalations should not exceed twice the duration of the breath inhalations. Bhastrika has a distinct effect on stimulating your body, followed by relaxation.
3. Om Chant
It is the pure sound Om the root of all life and can be repeated 3 times. The singing of Om is a connection to the source of all things and the meaning behind life. Om is breathing that is the life force. Om is a word that when spoken aloud is broken into three parts, A-U-M. After you have chanted two Oms it is recommended to be in silence. Om is a symbol of bliss in which you feel the supreme.
4. Kriya (Purifying Breath)
The third and most vital form is called the Kriya which is an advanced version of breathing. It requires breathing in slow medium, fast, and slow cycles. Breaths should be rhythmic and cyclical. You should ensure that the duration of your inhalations is twice as long as your exhalations. This last step clears your eyes and cleanses your soul.
The whole process should take about 45 minutes. You can do it at any point during the day. Be sure to avoid doing it after eating.
International educational institutions examined and demonstrated that Sudarshan Kriya does not have any known adverse consequences. They have documented the method of teaching and its effectiveness. Sudarshan Kriya can perform wonders for you if taught by a skilled yoga instructor who can help you master it. It is not advised to attempt it by yourself.
Sudarshan Kriya should be performed under the direction of a yoga instructor. In the absence of guidance, it can be unproductive and possibly dangerous. You must ensure that you are physically and mentally able to practice it. Sudarshan Kriya by consulting with your physician as well as your yoga teacher. It is recommended that pregnant women, those suffering from addiction to alcohol or drugs, and those who suffer from mental illness of extreme severity stay clear of this Kriya.
Also Read :
- Kundalini Yoga Benefits
- Benefits of planting Tulsi at home
- Reasons behind why not to eat onion and garlic?
- How to Cure Depression with Yoga
- Best ways to start your day positively
- 15 Tips to Make Your Diet Healthier
- Benefits of walking daily
Manthanhub has trained lots of people to achieve celibacy via their youtube channel and through their courses. You can take exclusive courses of manthanhub for your tremendous transformation. For getting more details about the courses you can click here.