12 Tips for maintaining Brahmacharya – Increase Your Vitality
Tricks and Tips for maintaining Brahmacharya and Vitality
Through this article, I would especially like to address the youth, as this is the section of society that will lay the foundation of a positive future of our nation. The youth of our country who used to remain engaged in the development and progress of the nation, while at the same time making earnest efforts towards seeking answers to their spiritual queries, are today simply wasting their invaluable life in the mad gratification of sexual desires. Sexual energy is not a curse rather a boon bestowed by God upon human beings. When this sexual energy develops in the adolescence, it fills the youth with so much vigor and self-confidence that he has the potential to achieve anything and everything in this world, but the majority of today’s youth are falling prey to the vices of masturbation and nocturnal emission. In this article, we are giving you the tricks and tips for maintaining Brahmacharya and Vitality.
- Moderation in diet: Generally, people stuff their stomach with delicacies to enjoy the taste. Stuffing the stomach is very harmful. Such indulgence in the sense of taste leads to the frequent discharge of semen in dreams. Gradually, one becomes a victim of dreaded illness and soon gets ruined. It is advised to eat in moderation especially with a happy and peaceful mind at a clean and pure place.
- Do not overload the stomach at night. Overloading is the direct cause of nocturnal emission. Take easily digestible, light food at night. Don’t take very hot or heavy food as they are the cause of many diseases. Things fried in oil or ghee, overcooked foods, spicy foods, chutneys, chilies, meat, fish, eggs, garlic, onion, liquor, sour articles, and stale food preparations should be avoided for they stimulate the sex thoughts. Hot foods and hot tea also weaken the teeth and gums. They make the semen watery.
- Chew your food thoroughly. If you are tired, it is better to rest a little before your meals. No strenuous work should be done immediately after meals. Water should not be taken just before meals. It is better to drink water at least 30 to 60 minutes after the meal.
- Eating after midnight is not good for health. One should never take warm milk at night before going to bed. It usually causes wet dreams.
- Eat Sattvic foods. Spinach, green leafy vegetables, milk, butter, ghee, buttermilk, ripe fresh fruits, and white pumpkin are sattvic foods for maintaining Brahmacharya. Sattvic foods increase positive qualities thereby help in overcoming lust, anger, attachment, etc.
- You should take recourse to occasional fasting. During fasting, the internal organs such as the stomach, the liver, and the pancreas are rested which increases their efficiency. But also avoid excessive fasting. One should fast in accordance with his capacity. Fasting one day and stuffing the stomach with heavy meals the other day (e.g. sweets, laddu) is not sensible. Over-eating and excessive fasting both are detrimental to health. The literal meaning of ‘fasting’ is to be near God, Sanskrit word for fasting is Upavaasa.“Upa” means near and “Vaasa” means to stay. Fasting will increase your power of doing meditation and concentration, as the mind is calm and introvert during fasting. Fasting also controls passion and limits sexual excitement.
- Get up early. Night pollution(Night Fall) generally occurs in the fourth quarter of the night. Therefore, try to get up from the bed between 4 a.m. and 4.30 a.m. Those who get up late in the morning become lazy and listless.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. Alcohol and cigarettes-consumption are toxic to human emotions. By consuming illicit drugs, organs like lungs and heart become weak, tolerance decreases and life energy diminishes. Doctors in America have discovered that semen becomes more watery and poor quality with regular consumption of illicit drugs.
- Taking Ayurvedic preparations help in early recovery. To recover the lost energy and vigor, one can prepare an inexpensive Ayurvedic mixture “Churna” at home easily. Take dried Amalas (gooseberries) and grind them into powder or prepared Amala powder is available in the market. Mix two parts of the Amala powder with one part of powdered rock-sugar. You may get this ready-made mixture from the market also. Take one spoonful of this powder with water half an hour before going to bed. This powder thickens the semen. It also relieves constipation. It restores the balance of Vata (Wind), Pitta (bile) and Kapha (Phlegm). It is also beneficial to those who get wet dreams. Even healthy people can take it as it helps in self-control. Amla has many medicinal properties. It supports healthy metabolism and digestion. It has anti-inflammatory properties that cool, tone and nourishes the tissues and organs. It nourishes the heart and respiratory system. It also assists in natural internal cleansing and maintains regularity. It is a natural antioxidant. It promotes healthy eyes, hair, nails, and skin. It balances Agni (digestive fire) and creates energy, the “Ojas” to maintain a healthy immune response and youthfulness.
- Understand the body-mind connection. There is a deep connection between the body and the mind. The thoughts in the mind have a big influence on the physical body. If the youth gets knowledge of the detrimental effects of bad habits such as masturbation, they might develop hatred towards own self and create a negative impression in their mind of nihilism and inferiority complex. This is rather more harmful to their health. It is important to foster positive thoughts and confidence in oneself and prevent negative thoughts from intruding your mind.
- Daily exercises are very useful in maintaining vitality and brahmacharya. One of the very useful exercises is running while standing in one place. The correct method is to stand keeping the chest in front. Run-on the toes while keeping heels off the ground. Raise the foot up to the level of buttocks one after another. Don’t leave your place while running. Begin this exercise slowly and then do it quickly. CAUTION: Patients suffering from heart disease should do this exercise very cautiously. There are many benefits of doing this exercise. (1) This exercise removes laziness completely. It makes one energetic. It strengthens the heart and the lungs and makes them healthy. (2) It induces semen to course upwards. Life Energy (sexual energy) moves to higher centers where it is transmuted into Ojas. (3) It clears the bowels and stimulates the appetite. (4) Wet dreams are eradicated usually after one month and many other diseases are destroyed. Thus, it promotes overall health. Hence students, men, women, and obese persons, all should reap the benefits of this exercise.
- Always Remain Cheerful. Let go of the past. You only aggravate a disease by brooding over it. Let no weak thoughts enter your mind. Do not be worried about the sexual energy wasted in the past. Rather muster up the courage and make sincere efforts towards preserving your seminal energy from now onwards.